When the cold weather breaks, it gets me in the mood for some springtime grillin’. We actually grill all year round, but whatevs. Point is, we grilled tonight.
This recipe is another favorite from Autumn’s Fixate Cookbook.
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 1 lb raw chicken breast, boneless, cut into 16 1-inch
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium tamari soy sauce, gluten-free
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut in chunks
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut in 1″ chunks
- Soak bamboo sticks in water for 30 minutes
- Place chicken in resealable bag or container, add soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger. Shake to mix and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Preheat grill to medium heat
- Place pepper, pineapple, and piece of chicken on skewer. Repeat on same skewer to have two of same ingredients on each. Repeat to remaining skewers.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes (covered grill) on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink
ENJOY THE FOOD AND THE SUNSHINE!