Joel did the cooking tonight so that I could use my time to get my 8 miles of training in (I only ran 6, but who’s counting?). We found this recipe in the Fixate Cookbook and thought they looked not only healthy, but also delicious. We were right 🙂
- 12 oz raw ground 93% lean turkey breast
- 3/4 medium onion, 1/4 finely chopped, 1/2 sliced, divided use
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled, sliced into 8 rounds
- 1 medium bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat grill or broiler to high.
- Combine turkey, chopped onion, egg whites, parsley, and hot sauce in a medium bowl, mix well. Form turkey into four patties.
- Grill or broil patties for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the middle. Set aside. Keep warm.
- Brush sliced onion, eggplant and bell pepper with oil.
- Grill or broil for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
- Place a slice of eggplant on each of four serving plates. Top each with a patty, a slice of onion, a slice of bell pepper, and a slice of cheese. Sprinkle with vinegar and top with a second slice of eggplant.
Ours were slightly different because A. I forgot onion at the grocery store (whoops) and B. I am trying to go dairy-free for a few weeks so we used dairy-free American cheese instead of Muenster. Still delicious! Enjoy 🙂