This isn’t my Grandma’s tomato sauce. It’s Autumn’s Grandma’s tomato sauce. And it rocks.
Serves: 12 | Prep Time: 40 min | Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
*2 Tbsp olive oil
*1 medium onion, chopped
*4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
*1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste, no salt added
*1/4 cup red wine
*2 cans (28-oz. ea.) whole peeled tomatoes, crushed or pureed in blender
*2 Tbsp agave nectar
*1 tsp sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
*1/4 tsp ground black pepper
*1 (3-oz.) Parmesan cheese rind
*3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 5-6 minutes.
3. Add garlic and tomato paste; cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add wine; cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes, agave, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low; gently boil stirring occasionally for 3 minutes
6. Add cheese rind; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour
7. Add basil; mix well
21 Day Fixers: Recipe counts as 3 Green and 1/2 tsp per serving
**Recipe from Fixate