Summer is definitely my favorite season. I love the beach, warm weather, the sun, and DAYLIGHT. But there’s something about fall that gets my taste buds going wild.
Yes. Pumpkin everything ❤️
Here are a few of my favorite recipes:
Pumpkin Spice Shakeology (a fall breakfast staple):
I make mine with 4oz water, 4oz almond milk, 1/2 frozen banana, 1/3 cup pumpkin, vanilla shakeology, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice and 3 ice cubes. DEE-LISH.
Pumpkin Turkey Chili (my favorite!):
-1 Tbsp EVOO
-1 1/4 lb lean ground turkey
-1 can black beans
-1 can kidney beans
-2 carrots (sliced)
-1 medium orange bell pepper, chopped
-2 Tbsp chili powder
-2 Tbsp garlic powder
-2 Tbsp ground cumin
-1/2 tsp nutmeg
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1 (15oz)can pumpkin
-1 can diced tomatoes & green chilies
-1 (8oz) can tomato sauce (no salt added)
-1 (15oz) can light coconut milk
1. In saucepan, brown the turkey in the EVOO
2. Mix in the spices, then add all other ingredients
3. Simmer for 20-30 min, mixing well
1. Brown turkey in small saucepan in the EVOO
2. Put turkey in crockpot and add all other ingredients; mixing well
3. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-6
Pumpkin Pie Bites (a healthier version):
I stole this one from my girl Autumn Calabrese, and I’m glad I did. They taste just like pumpkin pie:)
Ingredients for bites:
-1 can pumpkin
-2 very ripe bananas
-1/2 cup coconut sugar
-1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1/4 tsp ginger
-1/4 tsp nutmeg
-1/4 tsp Himalayan or sea salt
Ingredients for whipped topping:
-1 can coconut (full fat, stored in refrigerator overnight)
-2 Tbsp maple syrup
-1 tsp vanilla
-pumpkin spice (for garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Combine all pumpkin bite ingredients in food processor, and blend until smooth
3. Spoon mixture into lined muffin pans
4. Bake 20-25 minutes
5. Let these cool completely before removing from muffin liners. Since they are soft like pumpkin pie, it is recommended to put in refrigerator after baking so they can firm.
6. For whipped topping- open can of coconut milk (that has been in refrigerator overnight). Scoop the fatty white part off and place in a mixing bowl with the vanilla and maple syrup. Whip the coconut into a cream.
7. Scoop a little on top of each muffin and garnish with pumpkin pie spice.
*Must keep stored in fridge
*Make whipped topping right before eating for best texture
The finished bites should look like this:
I made the mistake of using light coconut milk; my whipped topping didn’t have the right consistency (very runny), so mine looked like this:
😂😂 oh well, they still taste good!
Hope you enjoy the tasty treats and hearty chili!