When deciding what I am going to cook for dinner, I try stick to the four main food groups: turkey chili, turkey meatballs, turkey lettuce wraps and syrup.
But seriously, if you couldn’t tell, I love me some ground turkey. You can do jusssttt about anything with it. There are so many great recipes to choose from. The other night I made some turkey lettuce wraps and they were deeeelicious. And healthy. Win/win.
- Package of lean ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Heart of romaine
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp red Cayenne pepper
- 4 oz tomato sauce
- 4 oz water
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 avocado, cut into chunks
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Add the turkey, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes
- Mix in the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and red cayenne pepper
- Add bell pepper (and onion if you prefer–I don’t love onions), cook, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes
- Add the tomato sauce and water; bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes
- Top the lettuce with turkey mixture, tomato (or fresh salsa!), and avocado
Enjoy for dinner and then enjoy again the next day 🙂
I took my leftover turkey and put it on a spinach salad for the perfect lunch ❤
Hope ya love it as much as I do!