While I absolutely LOVE (okay, more like love/hate) the 21 Day Fix Extreme workouts, I give a lot of credit for my results to the Eating Plan, simple to follow meal guide and easy to use containers..and…THE RECIPES. This book has been my food bible since I bought the program. Even though I’m not currently following the meal plan 100% (I will be starting April 13th!), I still refer to the book at least once a day.
One weekend during my first round of the fix, I made the Mini Vegetable Egg Cups from the book. They will now be a weekend breakfast staple in our house. SO GOOD. And so easy!!!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 large eggs
- sea salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 (10-oz) bag of baby spinach; finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper; finely chopped
- 2 green onions; finely chopped (I don’t like onions so I leave these out)
- Heat oven to 375* F
- Light coat a twelve-cup muffin tin with cooking spray
- place eggs in a large bowl; whisk to blend
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add spinach, bell pepper, and onion; mix well
- Evenly pour egg mixture into muffin cups
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cups comes out clean
** I bake for 12-15 minutes and then top eggs with fresh mozzarella cheese and bake another 5 minutes. Once I take them out of oven, I top with diced tomatoes. YUM.
Try it. Enjoy it.