On these super cold days in this polar vortex we call Altoona, I always crave a warm, hearty bowl of CHILI. I started the 21 Day Fix EXTREME yesterday and luckily Autumn included a chili recipe in the new meal guide! It’s as if she has been reading my mind. The recipe is simple, clean and DELICIOUS. It definitely hit the spot 🙂
1 tsp.olive oil
1 1/2 lbs. raw 93% lean ground turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 (15-oz) cans black beans, drained, rinsed
1 (15-oz) can all-natural diced
tomatoes, no sugar added
12 fresh cilantro sprigs, finely chopped (for garnish; optional)
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink.
3. Add cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper; cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
4. Add beans and tomatoes (with liquid). Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened.
5. Serve warm, sprinkled with cilantro.
I also added a little mozzarella cheese on top because I had half a blue container left for the day:)